Saturday, November 13, 2010

Merry Making...

Or, "The Episode Where Kristen Discovers That She IS Crazy - In A Good Way, Of Course - AND New Recipes, All At The Same Time."

Yay!

So today was the Making Merry in Berry Hill event. We DID IT.

It was AWESOME. I am utterly exhausted. In less than 48 hours (MUCH closer to 24 than 48), we baked, labeled, and packaged nearly 400 baked goodies.

As evidenced here by Mount Muffin, as it was christened by the girls. Ha! 

Mount Muffin

The photo doesn't hardly do it justice, but it took up very nearly half of our GINORMOUS dining table and was not all that far from the pulls on the overhead light fixture.

So yeah, 400-ish (I think it was more, but I lost count at around 200) baked goods in 24 hours. And then 10 hours spent selling today. Wow.

I mean seriously, WOW.

But we did great. Not quite as well as we would have liked, but there were less people than expected, and now we have extra baked goodies for other stuff. Which is fine. Less for me to do next week, as these freeze well.

And I now interrupt this program to announce, "I love muffins," which my daughter, KayKay, has said I "must" write.

Anyway. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

So we unveiled some new products today, which were received with rave reviews... These will be shortly followed by some new mixes and... (As you listen with bated breath) NEW RECIPES. They are:

Brownies!!! (AH-MAZING Brownie Mix to come soon!)

Cookie Bars! (Super-tasty, although I don't know if I'm going to do a mix for these or not... HOWEVER, they will be available for our business delivery service in the next couple of weeks... The raspberry ones are AWESOME. :O)

So yeah. Hectic, sure. Crazy, totally. Worth it... ABSOLUTELY!

Today was SO great, and we met so many wonderful people, and were really blessed by the people who were running the event as well. So, thanks everyone!!!

Adieu. I am going to go crawl up the stairs and into bed before I permanently meld with my chair. G'night and happy fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment